CCNB offers an innovative, high-quality, flexible Support Coordination for participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the Northern Sydney region.
We can help you achieve what is in your NDIS Plan if you are funded for Supports Coordination (or Coordination of Supports).
Do you have questions about support coordination?
Talk to us! We’re experts in this area.
Call today on 1300 002 262.
We don’t work for any particular service provider, we’re independent. This is really important because it means we just work for you and are able to direct all our efforts to where you need it the most.
It also means we can help you to learn to do more yourself, find and hire the support workers you really want, and realise the potential of the NDIS.
We’ve been around for more than 22 years. We’re connected with a large network of services and organisations in the Northern Sydney that can support you, broaden your network and realise your goals.
What we do
- help you understand your NDIS Plan and the funds available
- get the best value for money, creativity and flexibility from your Plan
- track your plan and achieve what you said you wanted
- action your plan with mentoring, motivation and direct assistance
- ensure your support services are working well
- seek creative solutions to have your support needs met
- build your own support team
How we do it
We put you at the center of what we do and how we work. We identify your life goals and together design and plan a range of individually tailored supports and services.
Our NDIS Support Coordination service connects you to those networks and organisations in the community that will work with you to enable you to realise your goals.
We believe that when people are truly in charge they are ignited by possibility in their own lives, with the resources, tools and mindset to make it happen.
Our mission is for everyone to get the most out of life. And we exist to enable you to achieve it.
We do this by understanding you and your dreams for life, and working in partnership with you on your life’s journey.
What exactly is NDIS Support Coordination?
Support Coordination is an NDIS funded support that is designed to support participants to make the most of their NDIS funds. Once a Plan has been approved, participants work with Support Coordinators to determine how their funds will be spent and to connect with providers. Support Coordination is about:
- facilitating conversations with you about what is possible with your NDIS funds
- building your capacity to exercise choice and control
- supporting you to navigate the NDIS marketplace and find providers that are the best option for you
How much does Support Coordination cost?
There are four types of Support Coordination, each is priced accordingly:
Support Connection: $56.61 / hour
Assistance to strengthen participant’s abilities to coordinate supports & participate in the community. This includes resolving points of crisis, developing capacity & resilience in a participant’s network & coordinating supports from a range of sources.
Coordination of Supports: $92.27 / hour
Further qualifications/experience required to strengthen a higher needs participant’s ability to coordinate their supports & participate in the community. This may include resolving points of crisis, & developing resilience in the participant’s network.
Specialist Support Coordination: $175.57
Time limited support coordination, within specialist framework necessitated by high risks in participant’s situation, to address barriers and reduce complexity in environment, assisting to connect with supports, build capacity and resilience. This is rarely funded: only in exceptional circumstances.
SDA Support Coordination: Price TBA
Specialised assistance for participant with high support needs or complex needs to find an Specialist Disability Accommodation dwelling.
What are the benefits of using CCNB for Support Coordination?
The benefits of using a CCNB Support Coordinator are:
- Having an expert working for you who has extensive and current knowledge of local services and the support system.
- Using an independent advisor who has no vested interest in which organisations you choose to deliver your supports – means you can trust what we do and say.
- Having an unbiased advisor who is intent on building your capacity for independence, provide better supports and help you get the most out of your NDIS Plan.
How many hours of Support Coordination can I get?
CCNB has NDIS participants getting anywhere between 10 hours to 200 hours per year. As with all other supports, if participants go into the planning meeting with a very clear goal for how they will use their funded supports, the Planner will have a much easier time approving them.
Free pre-planning for NDIS applicants
CCNB provides a free pre-planning service for those who are applying for NDIS funding and who will need Support Coordination in their NDIS plan.
Book your free in-home NDIS pre-planning session with us today on 1300 002 262.
Why do I need Support Coordination in my NDIS Plan?
Having Support Coordination in your plan means you have a CCNB team member to work with you to implement your plan and identify the range of services required to meet your needs.
A CCNB Support Coordinator can work with you in whatever ways outlined in your NDIS plan.
A Support Coordinator can support you with things like:
- getting involved in your local community by being a volunteer, joining a community group or participating in local events
- learning new skills, such as art or connecting online and using computers – as a volunteer or through paid employment
- maintaining your home the way you want with practical help such as preparing meals and house cleaning, or with help in the garden and basic house maintenance
- getting personal care, to live well and feel good
- exploring hobbies and interests
- accessing services as required, 24 hours a day
- finding useful community resources and helping you connect with other organisations and networks
Do you want the best advice on how to access the NDIS funding?
An Access Request Form is needed to be completed to apply to become a participant in the NDIS. Your parent, legal guardian or representative can fill in this form for you if you want.Alternatively, CCNB can help you fill in the form, along with what evidence to include with your Access Request Form.
If you are considering making an access request to become a participant in the NDIS, contact CCNB to find out how to get the most out of the NDIS.
More information about accessing the NDIS at http://www.ndis.gov.au/people-disability/access-requirements.
CCNB Support Coordination Information Sheet