Partners in Recovery
CCNB is funded to lead the Sydney North Shore and Northern Beaches PIR Program. In late 2017 the Department of Health announced a continuation of funding for this important program.
Our focus is to work with people and ensure they can access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). If people do not access the NDIS we will work to ensure they are linked to appropriate local supports. The PIR Team includes partners with deep experience working with people with severe and persistent mental illness.
Poor mental health does not discriminate and there are no willing participants. Barriers to recovery from poor mental health include income, training and employment, housing and homelessness, physical health, unresolved trauma, addictions and isolation. Holistic solutions are required, often involving multiple service providers.
PIR acts as systems concierge to help people navigate the service system and create a recovery solution unique to them. It also supports the services needed to create the solution to work together in a coordinated and collaborative way.
The PIR team will:
- Assist people to test their eligibility for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Facilitate the NDIS application process (including obtaining required documentation and assessments).
- Guide people to access their NDIS funded supports.
- Transition people to appropriate alternative supports should the NDIS not be the best or appropriate option.
- Advocate for and support people so they can meet their recovery goals.