The Compassionate Community Movement is changing the way we talk about and deal with death, dying and grief. In general, our fear of death stops us from accepting and planning for a good end of life. This fear also stops us from living a great life. How well we do dying depends on how compassionate a community is towards the person dying and those who matter to them.
Many of us want to be part of a Compassionate Community. The only way we get there is by building it ourselves.
Come along and contribute to what we can do better and differently to make the Northern Beaches Community one of the most compassionate communities in the world.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to a global movement focussed on building compassionate communities
- Find out facts about death and dying in our region
- Assess the research on how compassionate communities can make a difference for people at end of life and their families
- Meet other people and share your experiences of death, dying, grief and loss
- Help build a Northern Beaches Compassionate Communities road map
- Meet others, have morning tea and have a few laughs
Time: 9.30am- 12.30pm
Date: Thursday 12 April 2018
Location: Dee Why RSL Club, 932 Pittwater Road, Dee Why, NSW 2099