We’re helping make the transition to the NDIS as simple as possible.
We’re excited about the rollout from July 2016 of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Northern Sydney and what it means for our clients and other people with a disability in this region.
As a registered provider of ‘support co-ordination’ under the scheme, our role is to ensure NDIS participants who choose us will receive the maximum benefit from their NDIS support plans.
CCNB Support Coordinators play a very important role in connecting NDIS participants to local services and resources.
NDIS Information Sessions
It’s important to find out as much as you can about how the NDIS can help you and what you need to do to get ready. Attend an NDIS information session near you.NDIS Information Sessions
How we can help?
We will be working with our current clients to help them get ready for their planning meeting with the NDIS.
We are offering a support co-ordination service for anyone participating in the NDIS who wants assistance to help them implement their plans and achieve their goals.
We’re helping people access the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Agency (who manages the NDIS) will be contacting our clients throughout 2016 to arrange a time to meet so they can prepare an individual plan and budget. They will be seeking to understand the goals and aspirations of our clients and what type of supports they will need to reach their goals.
CCNB will be supporting all our clients to prepare for their meeting with an NDIS planner.
We will help make the meeting worry-free and ensure what is important to our clients is clearly identified in the documentation that we will provide for use in these planning sessions.
If you are not a client of CCNB, but need advice, feel free to contact us.
Find out more about what types of supports are funded by NDIS.
Our role as NDIS support coordinators
Our role as an NDIS Support Co-ordinators will be to help implement the NDIS plans our clients have prepared.
The NDIA defines Support Co-ordination as:
Assistance to strengthen participants’ abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate more fully in the community.It can include initial assistance with linking participants with the right providers to meet their needs, assistance to source providers, coordinating a range of supports both funded and mainstream and building on informal supports, resolving points of crisis, parenting training and developing participant resilience in their own network and community.
As Support Co-ordinators we are ready to assist you with:
- Understanding how you can use your NDIS plan to meet your goals.Your personal Support Coordinator works together with you to develop a detailed program that matches the goals developed in your NDIS plan and how these goals will be achieved.
- Managing resources effectively to get the best outcome from your plan.Your Support Coordinator works collaboratively with you to personalise your supports and match you with the right staff and services.
- Working with your network of support – family, friends, service providers, therapists, doctors and community resources.In the early days, you will meet with your Support Coordinator more often to establish your plan and to make things happen for you. Once established and you’re feeling comfortable with the plan, you’ll achieve greater independence.
- Accessing the NDIA portal and monitoring how your funds are spent. As part of the process of working with you, we help you to develop skills and confidence to take control of your NDIS plan. We will assist you to take over some of the Support Coordinator function yourself over time if you want, and encourage you to ask for things you need.
- Monitoring your progress and preparing for your NDIA reviews.Your Support Coordinator will meet with you regularly to determine how your goals are being achieved and will assist you to make any changes or adjustments you need. We will keep records about your progress which means you have good information to use when you review your plan with the NDIA (expected to be about once a year).
Find out more about about how to include Support Coordination in your NDIS Plan.
Funding changes for clients and CCNB
When our clients have transitioned to the NDIS scheme, CCNB will no longer be receiving funding for their supports directly from the government.
Instead, clients will choose to manage the budget they receive from the NDIS themselves, or they can choose the National Disability Insurance Agency to manage it for them. How to contact the NDIA
Who can I talk to about the NDIS
We are here to help NDIS participants get the most out of their NDIS funding package. Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 002 262. You can also contact the NDIS directly at www.ndis.gov.au or by calling 1800 800 110.
Who is eligible?
A quick way to find out if you are eligible for NDIS funding is by completing the NDIA’s My Access Checker online.
You can also contact the NDIA and arrange an appointment. Eligibility will be confirmed at your first appointment with an NDIA planner. Once your eligibility has been confirmed, the NDIA planner will work with you to develop an individualised plan and budget.
You need to meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Permanent and significant disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities
- Be aged less than 65 when you first access the Scheme
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen who holds a Protected Special Category Visa.
Why choose CCNB?
For more than 21 years, CCNB has supported thousands of people of all ages and abilities to live independent and fulfilling lives in their community. Our clients say they choose CCNB because we:
- get to know our clients, their strengths, interests and life story,
- adopt a holistic person-centred approach. We appreciate the uniqueness and complexity of our clients’ lives,
- focus on optimising independence and social connectedness, and building capacity and confidence to live as self-sufficiently as possible,
- work in partnership with a person and the people who are important in their life to meet the person’s hopes and dreams, and
- have deep knowledge of local services and networks within the Northern Sydney region, which enables us to develop individually tailored solutions for each client.
At CCNB we know our local community intricately, and we pride ourselves on helping our clients make the right connections to the right people and right services.
Living My Plan – NDIS Videos
In the Living My Plan video, five NDIS participants talk about how their NDIS plans have changed their lives. Catch up with the participants as they explain how the last year has gone and where they want to take their plans next.