A free social worker support service for general practice, making it easy for clinicians to refer patients who could benefit from short-term social care support.
How to access the social worker service
GPs and Practice staff can refer patients to the GP Social Worker Team at CCNB.
We can arrange for a social worker to meet patients in the general practice environment, or follow up at a convenient time in their home or community.
Our social workers assesses a patient’s holistic needs and provides referral and linkage to a broad range of appropriate services.
Who can access the social worker service?
General Practices in the following local government areas can use the service:
Northern Beaches (formerly, Manly, Warringah & Pittwater LGA)
For other areas in Northern Sydney region, visit Primary & Community Care Services
This service has no age limit and is FREE
Criteria for patient eligibility to our social worker service
Anyone can be referred to this service by a GP. This includes patients a GP practice has identified as having one or more of the following:
- High and/or complex care needs requiring support from a range of community care providers
- Carer stress or burnout – requiring support and assistance in their caring role
- Difficulty navigating and accessing support services e.g. the NDIS or aged care service system
- Recent and/or recurrent hospitalisations due to care needs
- Complex family situation including family and domestic violence
- Alcohol or substance abuse dependency
- Indicators of loneliness and isolation
Contact us for referrals and information, as follows:
CCNB acknowledges funding for this initiative through Northern Sydney Primary Health Network